Those marinated aubergines are delicious and healthy!
While my dad was visiting me a while ago, I asked him to spend one day cooking together in kitchen. He is really good at cooking and he used to make me the most delicious food ever when I was a little girl. One of the dishes he made that day was Marinated Aubergines. Aubergines have always been hard an tricky for me cook. So he shows me some easy tips how make them taste so good, that you can ask for more! Here I am sharing this little tip. There is no strict recipe to follow. The most important is to taste while cooking and make it good for your own taste by adding and reducing ingredients. Very much freestyle as long as the technique is followed.
- Take as many aubergines as you want! 🙂 I had 2 big ones.
- Cut all of them in tiny circles
- Start arranging them in layers in a bowl while after each layer you spinkle with salt. Let them rest for 15-30 min.
- Tip: The salt will take away the bitterness of the aubergines!
- Rinse them with water
- In a 1 baking tray place olive oil to cover the bottom and arrange the aubergines.
- When you have arranged them pour some olive oil on top of them as well.
- Place them in the oven and slow bake at 150 degrees Celsius for about 45-50 min until they are a bit brown on top. Taste them to feel if they are ready after 30 min and after 45 min. If you feel they are soft and good you can take them earlier if not bake until you feel they are ready. (as each oven is different)
- Tip: Always slow bake them in a not very hot oven+150 degrees Celsius. They will get softer and bake better.
- Tip: The Marinate is the heart of this dish! You need to add this marinate, otherwise the aubergines by themselves are pretty boring:(
Mix the following ingredients in a small bowl. Taste while mixing them to make it suitable for your taste. Yes 🙂 If you like add more or less of the ingredients. Easy-peasy sweet & sour sauce:)
- Apple cider vinaigre
- Garlic cloves-pressed
- Salt and pepper
When the marinate is ready pour and mix over the warm aubergines. Let them cool and put it in the fridge.
Place them in a glass jar if you want and ceal. Put the glass jar upside-down with the lid down until it cools and put in the fridge. Turn it with the lid up the next day.
Eat them cold🙂 Yummy-yum!